There are a lot of "you know you're a (fill in the blank) when" posts out there and there are a lot of horse ones as well. I decided I would write my own as a fun Friday post for this week.
So here it goes.
You know you're a horse person when...
(In no particular order)
- You go see a certain movie, not because of the trailer, but because you know a horse will be in it.
- You're more concerned about the horse instead of the person when there is an accident.
- You love the smell of a horse and consider it a comforting scent.
- You laugh when you see fashion try to interpret equestrian or western clothing
- You rather buy a car that you know can pull a trailer for your horse
- You are always asking for a horse or a pony when someone asks what they should get you for your birthday or Christmas.
- You'll happily spend lots of money on things for your horse or your riding gear, but you'll wince at the price tag of a $45 shirt at the mall.
- You love the idea of being able to ride your horse through town like they did way back in the day.
- You wouldn't consider going outside in freezing cold weather for groceries when there isn't any food in the house, but that same cold is no big deal if it means more time at the barn if you add more layers.
- You feel yourself getting lost and depressed if you can't make it out to the barn for more than a week
- You have a hard time finding things to talk about unless they are horse related.
- What seems like 5 minutes at a barn is actually 3 hours.
- You enjoy searching through Google Images for more beautiful pictures of horses.
- You're constantly on the Internet learning new things about horses instead of paying your bills or hanging out with friends.
- You will not be disturbed when a show or competition is playing on television.
- You're often buying fruits and vegetables to bring to the barn instead of for you.
- You have two wardrobes; your city clothes and your barn clothes.
- The barn feels more like your home than your house does
So that is it for this week. I hope that you enjoyed this post and that you were able to relate to some (if not all) of the points. I wish you all a wonderful weekend and I thank you, as always, for reading Pure Horse Sense.
Until next time, happy riding!